October is officially here! You know what that means... Fall leaves, pumpkin spice lattes, and Halloween, or should we say HalloWINE! What a fun holiday to center your next tasting party around. We've rounded up some spooky Halloween decorating and drink ideas for some inspiration for your next tasting. Think: dry ice, spiders, skulls and other ghostly good items. Consider donating to your favorite local cause or stick to Gateway for Cancer Research for Breast Cancer Awareness month in October.
How to Host a HalloWINE Party
HalloWINE parties can be super fun and really easy to set up. Check out the suggestions below to get started. Also, see the Before an Event page for more information about standard pre-event prep.
- Reach out to people in your network to see if they would like to throw an event to raise money for Gateway for Cancer Research or a cause of your choice. You can call it a "HalloWINE Party" or "Costume Wine Party", something fun that would encourage your guests to wear costumes.
- Work with your host to select a cause. We recommend one of our national cause partners, such as Gateway for Cancer Research, which provides clinical trials for women with breast cancer.
- Schedule the event and send out invitations.
- Prepare for your party by getting Halloween decorations, some of which you may have from past years. Some ideas are:
- Cauldrons to store candy or mixed drinks
- Plastic skulls, spiders, and other small decorations you can sprinkle around a table
- Candles to set the spooky mood
- Halloween printables to customize your event (see below)
- Suggest to your host that she order some of our wines to go with the theme of your party. Some suggestions for this event are:
- Our California Chardonnay and Pink Glitter Chardonnay support breast cancer clinical trials
- Our fall-inspired wines: California Merlot, Red Blend, or Cabernet
- Our Gold or Silver Glitter Sparkling Brut to add some sparkle to your spooky decorations
- At the Event: Be sure to educate your guests on the cause they are supporting with their eligible event purchases.
Liven up your HalloWINE display with these cute downloadable, frame-worthy printables!
HalloWINE Drink Recipes
This devilishly delightful drink is composed of lime gelatin, pineapple juice, and our CA Sauvignon Blanc. It's sure to leave your guests wanting more... If they aren't too scared to try it.
Read Full Recipe
*Recipe courtesy of Food Network
The Poisoned Apple
Make a wish and take a sip! This spooky cocktail combines our CA Chardonnay, apple cider, and pomegranate juice. A few chunks of dry ice will make your guests feel like you just spooned out a witchy recipe from your cauldron. BOO!
Read Full Recipe
*Recipe courtesy of Minted
Creep your guests out a little more with this spooky sangria! Made with our CA Merlot, fresh fruit, and gummy worms, it may look gross but it tastes delicious! Serve with a ladle so guests can get all the goodies.
*Recipe courtesy of The Spruce