September is Ovarian Cancer Awareness Month and October is Breast Cancer Awareness Month. This year our #DrinkPink campaign focuses on the power of women supporting women by raising funds for women's health causes. Consider holding a Pink Party celebrating female empowerment where 10% of sales support a women's health cause. We recommend our national cause partners, the Ovarian Cancer Research Fund Alliance (OCRFA) or Gateway for Cancer Research but there are many local organizations doing great work to consider. Cheers to women supporting women!
How to Throw a Pink Party
Your Pink Party does not have to be extravagant to be a great event. Check out the suggestions below to get started. Also, see the Before an Event page for more information about standard pre-event prep.
- Reach out to people in your network to see if they would like to throw an event to raise money for a women's health cause. Position it as a fun girls' get together, an opportunity to try and learn about some amazing wines, and raise money for women's health causes at the same time.
- Work with your host to select a women's health cause. We recommend one of our national cause partners, the Ovarian Cancer Research Fund Alliance (OCRFA), which works to prevent ovarian cancer by educating women on their risk and the symptoms of ovarian cancer, or Gateway for Cancer Research, which provides clinical trials for women with breast cancer.
- Schedule the event and send out invitations.
- Suggest to your host that she order some of our #DrinkPink wines supporting women's health causes to go with the theme of your party. They are:
- Any of our Rosé wines (all support ovarian cancer prevention)
- Our California Chardonnay and Pink Glitter Chardonnay support breast cancer clinical trials
- At the Event: Be sure to educate your guests on the cause they are supporting with their eligible event purchases.
Liven up your Pink Party display with these cute downloadable, frame-worthy printables!
Click through below to see full gallery of printables...
Pink Treats + Pairing Guide
California Rosé + Watermelon Pizza
This deliciously fruity "pizza" is a healthy treat that brings out the gorgeous bouquet of our California Rosé.
Read Full Recipe
*Recipe courtesy of Choosing Chia
About Our Cause Partner: OCRFA
The Ovarian Cancer Research Fund Alliance (OCRFA) is our cause partner for our entire rosé collection. OCRFA advances ovarian cancer research while supporting women and their families. Their mission is to promote, advocate for and support scientific research as it relates to the causes, prevention, diagnosis, treatment, and cure for ovarian cancer; to provide education about ovarian cancer; to promote, advocate for and provide supportive services to persons affected by ovarian cancer; and to foster alliances to further those purposes.
OCRFA is the largest non-government funder of ovarian cancer research in the U.S. – and has the longest track record of impact. Since 1998, they have invested $75 million to jumpstart promising research. Every day, OCRFA-funded scientists are improving women’s lives by finding new ways to prevent ovarian cancer, developing better methods to treat it, and pioneering pathways to cure it.
Every bottle of ONEHOPE Rosé helps to prevent ovarian cancer by educating women on their risk and the symptoms of the disease.
ABOUT OUR CAUSE PARTNER: GATEWAY FOR CANCER RESEARCH
Gateway's mission is to fund meaningful and breakthrough clinical trials worldwide that help people living with cancer to feel better, live longer and conquer cancer today!
Cancer patients feel better and live longer. Gateway's quality of life and burden of treatment focus sets it apart from other cancer research organizations. For individual patients, as well as the future of cancer treatment, clinical trials represent the best probability of ending cancer without reducing quality of life to an unacceptable degree.
Gateway invests in breakthrough research that is both targeted and precise. Most cancer drugs do not receive a positive response from the majority of patients due to unique genetics and differences among individuals. With the level of genetic and cell protein data now available, Gateway invests in therapies targeted to the specific biology, characteristics and environment of each patient.
99 cents of every dollar Gateway receives goes directly to fund Phase I and Phase II clinical trials. Phase I and Phase II clinical trials are underfunded, yet have the greatest patient impact in conquering cancer. Thanks to generous underwriting, 99 cents of every dollar received funds cancer clinical trials. Gateway believes that if you donate to cancer research, your donation should go to cancer research.
Every bottle of our California Chardonnay helps provide clinical trials for patients with breast cancer through Gateway for Cancer Research.